Bailiffe Bridge Junior And Infant School
Special Educational Needs and Disability
All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils' with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible.
The four broad ‘areas of need’ are defined as:
- Communication and Interaction
- Cognition and Learning
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Sensory and Physical Needs.
Our school SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) is Mr Price. He has dedicated time each week to support children and families. If you would like to see Mr Price, an appointment can be made with him through our school office.(01484 713039)
From the 1st September 2014, under Section 65 (3) (a) of the Special Educational Needs (Information) Regulations, all schools are required to publish an SEN Information Report on their school websites.
This report must contain SEN information as is set out in the Schedule, as well as utilising the Local Authority (LA) Local Offer. Consequently, the report should meet the needs of SEN pupils as determined by school policy and the provision that the school is able to determine.
Further information on the Schedule can be found by following this link:
Our SEN Policy has been reviewed and is in line with the new regulations. You can view our SEN Policy below or on our policy page.
Our Accessibility Policy and SEN Policy can be found below or on our policy page.
Our SEN Core Offer
2018/19 can be found below:
The LA Local Offer:
- The Children and Families Bill became enacted in 2014. From this date, Local Authorities and schools are required to publish and keep under review information about services they expect to be available for the children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) aged 0-25. This is the ‘Local Offer’.
- The intention of the Local Offer is to improve choice and transparency for families. It will also be an important resource for parents in understanding the range of services and provision in the local area.
- Further information about Calderdale Council's Local Offer can be found here:
- Parents can find further information on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in this DfE guide attached below.