Bailiffe Bridge Junior & Infant School
Bailiffe Bridge Junior & Infant School was built in 1907, although there was a school in the village prior to this date. The building is an Edwardian design, with the classrooms leading off from a central school hall. Several extensions have been added to the building over the years, and an additional classroom is housed at the rear of the building. This is our Reception classroom. The limited size and space in this building are an advantage in that they support our ethos of family - where we work closely together to ensure first-rate provision for the community that we serve.
The 'e' is historical as Bailiffe originally had an 'e' on the end - it certainly did when the school was built.
According to local historians, in the 1970s, the local government took the decision to remove the 'e', thus making 'Bailiff bridge'. However, the school took the decision to retain their 'e' and it remains to this day. You will note the spelling of the two different names in our school address.